We deliver a wide range of consumer and retail-specific products and services, such as supply chain and receivables structures supported by MUFG's international scale and financial strength. Our client portfolio includes businesses operating in:
- Food and beverage
- Consumer goods
- Hospitality and leisure
- Food and non-food retail
- Luxury goods
MUFG's network spans over 50 countries, delivering local and cross-border solutions where needed. Our teams offer major global M&A financing capability, backed up with significant balance sheet capacity and market leading credentials. We particularly focus on meeting debt capital markets and associated hedging needs.
Key areas of strength include:
- Syndicated and bilateral lending
- Acquisition financing
- Arrangement of debt capital market issuances across all major currencies
- Strong counterparty ratings, with a particularly good platform in cash management, including triparty repos
- Working capital optimisation, including supply chain finance, securitisation, on- and off-balance sheet receivables financing, and liquidity management
- Global foreign exchange capabilities
- Derivative solutions across interest rate, cross-currency, inflation and equity
We are frequently the first call bank for major acquisitions and debt capital market financing in the food and beverage sector. As part of our long-term relationships with clients this has meant we have roles across all aspects of transactions.