MUFG has more than €25bn* in outstanding exposure across more than 150* transactions, which span a variety of regions, businesses and asset classes. We have completed transactions for clients ranging from £15m-to-£500m, helping them enhance liquidity by monetising their assets, while also benefitting from cheaper funding costs.
The benefits of securitisation include:
- Diversification of funding: flexible solutions are available to address clients' specific needs
- Cheaper cost of funding: the transaction is secured and structured to an implied AAA/AA level, so MUFG can offer competitive pricing when compared to other long-term unsecured facilities
- Balance sheet benefits: early monetisation of assets reduces working capital requirements
- Enhanced liquidity: securitisation frees up cash flow
- Retaining business relationships: even after securitisation has been completed, the client acts as the servicer (i.e. collection agent) and so retains a continuous business relationship with its customers
Our securitisation offering is underpinned by MUFG's international scale, significant financial strength, and global network with over 1,800 offices in more than 50 countries.
Off Balance Sheet
With this strength and depth, clients can also take advantage of our off balance sheet solutions. These can help companies to reduce financial risk and improve borrowing capacity, while de-leveraging their balance sheet.
MUFG Recruits Stephane Alex as Head of Global Customer Marketing for EMEA