We focus on building high-quality, long-term relationships with our clients, who benefit from our excellent credit rating and liquidity position. This is underpinned by MUFG's global network that covers 50 countries, offering clients and their subsidiaries support in a wide range of jurisdictions.
We enjoy market dominance in Asian currency trading, with a particular focus on the Japanese Yen, as well as being a global liquidity provider for major currencies. Our emerging market focus covers onshore and offshore Chinese Renminbi but also Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.
We offer bespoke trading solutions, often dealing in high volumes of currency, to corporate, institutional, central bank, and government clients. Clients also benefit from our high-quality market intelligence, which is tailored to their individual needs.
- Our trading expertise covers:
- Spot trading
- Forward trading
- Global options trading
- Electronic trading (including 360T, FXall, Currenex, Bloomberg, Integral)
We also offer risk advisory services and solutions, including:
- Tailored FX solutions for a variety of situations, such as:
- Event driven (acquisitions and disposals)
- Project finance deals
- Strategic hedging
- Quantitative FX Solutions, such as:
- Idea generation (trading/risk signals)
- Solving advanced quantitative modelling and optimisation problems
- Back testing and validating theories and/or trading ideas
- FX risk visualisation
Our international scale offers numerous advantages for clients. For example, our appetite for project finance deals is backed by MUFG being the world's largest project finance house. For those looking to make acquisitions, we frequently make use of our balance sheet to finance purchases that may involve currency risk.
Brexit risks are escalating – GBP volatility to come