MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V. - Services Modules
The terms in the Service Modules apply when MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V. ("MUS(EU)") and/or MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V. Paris branch (“MUS(EU) PB") provides Investment Services. The terms of the relevant Service Module supplements and applies in addition to the MUS(EU)Terms of Business.
Statutory Status Disclosures
Please note that MUFG Securities EMEA PLC; MUFG Bank, Ltd and MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V.; constitute “MUFG EMEA".
If you would like to preview our statutory disclosures please access the link below:
MUFG EMEA policies
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Bank, Ltd., London Branch
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Bank, Ltd., Milano Branch
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Bank, Ltd., Paris Branch
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Securities EMEA Plc
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V. Amsterdam Branch
- Complaints Policy: MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V. Paris Branch
- Whistleblowing: MUFG Bank, Ltd., London Branch
Top Five Execution Venue ReportsOn an annual basis, firms must publish information in relation to the quality of the firm's execution practices, including their top five order execution venues by volume. This information with regards to MUFG Securities EMEA plc can be found below. MUFG Bank, Ltd. executes transactions in reportable instruments only for professional clients and eligible counterparties and this only on a bilateral basis. It is therefore the sole execution venue for all its clients. MUFG Bank does not transact financial instruments with retail clients. If MUFG Bank determines it owes a client a duty of best execution under the relevant regulations, its prices are quoted accordingly.
Quality of Execution Data Reports – MUFG Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank (Europe), NV, MUFG Securities EMEA plc.On a quarterly basis firms that act as liquidity provider or systematic internaliser must publish a report on the quality of their execution practices. These reports contain information on execution factors such as the speed of execution, execution costs and likelihood of execution. The reports with regards to MUFG Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank (Europe), NV, MUFG Securities EMEA plc. can be found below.
Ex-Ante Costs and Charges and Inducements Disclosures
- Pre-Trade (Ex-Ante) Costs and Charges Disclosure for Transactions - MUFG Bank, Ltd., and MUFG Bank (Europe) N.V.
- Pre-Trade (Ex-Ante) Costs and Charges Disclosure for Transactions - MUFG Securities EMEA plc*
- Pre-Trade (Ex-Ante) Costs and Charges Disclosure for Transactions – MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V.
- Summary of Underwriting and Placement Fees - MUFG Securities EMEA plc
Fixed Income and Currency (“FIC”) Product Dealing DisclosuresThis notice sets out some of the key disclosures required for clients when dealing in the FIC products, where we transact in the FIC markets as a dealer and market maker. This notice is subject to our regulatory duties to our clients and is intended to supplement other disclosures concerning the terms and conditions of FIC transactions with us.
Minor Non-monetary BenefitMUFG may provide the following types of Minor non-monetary benefits to our clients:
- Communications from our sales teams that contain:
- short term market commentary on the latest economic statistics or company results;
- a generic explanation of the risks and benefits of a particular financial instrument;
- information showing the performance of financial instrument against a benchmark;
- alerts concerning events (e.g. shares reaching a certain price, non-farm payrolls, rate changes, CPI data announcements);
- research paid by the issuer on a new issue;
- trade ideas relating to one or more financial instruments, that are not substantiated nor and do not include any substantive analysis;
- a view on the implementation of an investment strategy based on a view of the market, the economy or an issuer;
- Macro-economic materials;
- Events/Deal Roadshows where MUFG acts on behalf of an issuer client, at which there is a communication of fact about an issuer and their securities where there is no restriction on firms attending;
- Participation in conferences, seminars and other training events on the benefits and features of a specific financial instrument or an investment service;
- Hospitality of a reasonable de minimis value.
- Communications from our sales teams that contain:
Systematic Internaliser – MUFG Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank (Europe), NV, and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.Under the MiFID II regime, Systematic Internalisers (SIs) are investment firms that on a frequent, systematic and substantial basis execute client orders on own account, outside of trading venues.
As of 15th September 2020;
- MUFG Bank, Ltd., London and Milan branches will act in the capacity of a Systematic Internaliser (SI) for Foreign Exchange Derivatives, under the following SI Market Identification codes (SI MIC): 'MUBL' (London), and 'MUBM' (Milan). Currently FX Derivatives are considered by ESMA not to have a liquid market.
- MUFG Bank (Europe), NV will act in the capacity of a Systematic Internaliser (SI) for Foreign Exchange Derivatives, under the following SI Market Identification codes (SI MIC): 'MUBE'.
- MUFG Securities EMEA plc., will act in the capacity of a Systematic Internaliser (SI) for Bonds and Interest Rates Derivatives under the SI MIC 'MUSE'.
Further details on the specific products for which each legal entity is an SI can be found in the Access to Quotes Commercial Policy.
Access to QuotesBy virtue of its status as a Systematic Internaliser, MUFG Securities (EMEA) plc., will publish applicable quotes as part of the MiFID II pre-trade transparency requirements, via its chosen Approved Publication Arrangement (APA). MUFG Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank (Europe), NV will not be subject to any such pre-trade transparency requirements, whilst Foreign Exchange Derivatives continue to be deemed illiquid. The Access to Quotes Commercial Policy governs the basis upon which other clients may access any such published quotes.
The documents listed below relate to the implementation of Directive 2014/65/EU (“MiFIDII") and Regulation (EU) No 600/2014 (“MiFIR") of the European Parliament and of the Council for the entities listed below.
MiFIDII and MiFIR set out the regulatory regime for investment services in the EU. They include requirements with regards to investor protection and market transparency.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc ("MUFG Securities") is provisionally registered as a Swap Dealer under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act ("DFA" or "Dodd-Frank").
Other regulatory disclosures
Global Wholesale Foreign Exchange Dealing DisclosuresIn May 2017 the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) published the BIS FX Global Code (the Code). MUFG Bank adheres to this Code. Please see our Statement of Commitment below. In addition, the notice below sets out our disclosures in relation to standard dealing with clients and other market participants in principal-to-principal transactions in the wholesale FX markets, including with respect to FX options, spot, swaps, deliverable and non-deliverable forwards.
UK Money Markets Code Statement of CommitmentIn April 2017 the UK Money Markets Committee published the UK Money Markets Code, which sets out standards and best practice to be followed by firms dealing in repos, deposits and securities lending. Accordingly, MUFG Bank, as a UK market participant, acknowledges the Code and has committed to conducting business in line with the Code. Our complete Statement of Commitment is below.
- MUFG Bank - Statement of Commitment to the Money Market Code
- MUFG Securities - Statement of Commitment to the Money Market Code
- MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities - Money Market Dealing Disclosures
EMIR RefitThe amending regulation to the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (also known as EMIR Refit) will come into force on 17 June 2019. EMIR Refit introduces various changes including (i) a new category of “Small Financial Counterparty" which will not be subject to the clearing obligation; (ii) amendments to the way the clearing threshold is calculated for Non-Financial Counterparties in respect of asset classes; and (iii) reclassification of all EU Alternative Investment Funds as Financial Counterparties. This may impact our counterparties or clients' EMIR classification and/or clearing category.
If you are a counterparty or client of MUFG and believe your EMIR classification will change as a result of EMIR Refit, please let us know. If we do not hear from you, we will assume that there has been no change to your previous counterparty representations.
Financial Conduct Authority exemption notice
Financial Conduct Authority approval notices
Notice regarding approval by De Nederlandsche Bank
Wolfsberg Anti-Money Laundering Questionnaire 2019
This site contains links allowing the users to access other websites which are not administered by MUFG EMEA and MUFG EMEA accepts no liability whatsoever for the use or content of such websites.