Our Infrastructure Team has in-depth experience of successfully supporting a wide range of essential infrastructure projects and was rated as the number one Global Mandated Lead Arranger by Project Finance International Magazine in 2022.
We have unparalleled expertise in delivering integrated multi-product services combining the ability to advise, structure and lend.
With the support of our Institutional Capital & Rating Advisory Team, the Infrastructure Team is also capable of structuring capital markets solutions directly through private placements or bond issuances.
Based on asset and sector expertise, we offer tailor made debt solutions to our customer base for the development and acquisition of assets in:
- Transportation: including rolling stock and buses, light rail, rail infrastructure, roads, airports, ports and maritime facilities
- Public services: including hospitals, schools and education facilities and public accommodation
- Environmental services: including waste and water treatment and energy from waste
- Telecommunications: including towers and mobile telephone masts, fiber optic networks
- Housing finance
We have structured numerous deals involving public-private partnerships (PPP) across EMEA.
Our core services include:
- Upfront transaction structuring
- Optimisation of financing structures through appropriate risk allocation
- Development of debt syndication strategies
As Lead Arranger, coordination of groups of core banks to execute a deliverable financing.
With the support of our Advisory Team we offer product neutral advice to structure the most competitive and deliverable funding solution for our client base evaluating all available funding sources in the market. These funding sources include commercial or multilateral banks, institutional investors, private placements or public bond finance or a combination thereof.
MUFG prioritises its balance sheet for transactions in which we act as the financial advisor, providing clients with a significant competitive advantage.
Through our Portfolio Management Team, the infrastructure team can support clients throughout the project life by offering agency, account bank and security trustee services.
MUFG acts as Lead Arranger on largest-ever Green Loan in transportation sector