Robert Bartlett, Head of Infrastructure for MUFG in EMEA, has been appointed to a panel of advisors to support the UK Government's Infrastructure Finance Review, part of the National Infrastructure Strategy.
The Infrastructure Finance Review is being carried out by HM Treasury, with support from the Infrastructure and Projects Authority, to ensure the government continues to have the right tools in place to support private infrastructure investment as the UK leaves the EU.
In order to support the work of the review, the government has appointed an expert panel to provide advice during the review process and input on the challenges facing the infrastructure market and how they can be addressed.
Robert Bartlett is one of 21 individuals appointed to the panel, which includes a mix of participants from government bodies, financial institutions, investors and businesses. The full list is below.
Speaking of his appointment, Robert commented: “It's a real privilege to have been appointed and it's a reflection of MUFG's relevance to the infrastructure sector both within the UK and internationally. The government continues to be committed to the role of private investment in Infrastructure and of the projected £600 billion infrastructure investment pipeline for the next 10 years, half is forecast to come from the private sector. MUFG will be at the forefront of this review which will help drive strategy in such an important market."
Charles Roxburgh, Second Permanent Secretary of HM Treasury, and Matthew Vickerstaff, Deputy CEO and Head of Project Finance of the Infrastructure and Projects Authority, will co-Chair the panel.
Infrastructure Finance Review – Expert Panel
1. Robert Bartlett, Head of Infrastructure (MUFG)
2. Clare Burgess, Partner (Clifford Chance)
3. David Carter, Director of Infrastructure (West of England Combined Authority)
4. Tara Davies, Member and Head of European Infrastructure (KKR & Co L.P)
5. Mark Dooley, Global Head of Green Investment Group (Macquarie)
6. Adrian Doran, Head of Corporate Banking, Northern Ireland (Barclays)
7. Katy Dowding, Executive Vice President (Skanska)
8. Liv Garfield, CEO (Severn Trent)
9. Katrina Haley, Managing Director (HSBC)
10. Neil King, Managing Director - Infrastructure (Canada Pension Plan Investment Board)
11. Kwong-Wing Law, Regional Head - Infrastructure Finance (Natixis)
12. Gareth Lynn, Non-Executive Director (Welsh Government)
13. Graham Mather CBE, President (The Infrastructure Forum)
14. Damian Moloney, Head of Investments, International (AustralianSuper)
15. Darryl Murphy, Head of Infrastructure Debt (Aviva Investors)
16. Chris Rule, Chief Executive and Chief Investment Officer (Local Pensions Partnership)
17. Ian Russell, Chair (Infrastructure Commission for Scotland)
18. Laura Shoaf, Managing Director (Transport for the West Midlands)
19. James Stewart OBE, Vice Chair (KPMG)
20. Tom Sumpster, Head of Infrastructure (Legal & General)
21. Barry White, CEO (Transport for the North)