Our culture principles define how we must act to create and sustain a workplace that supports our clients and colleagues. These simple but profound principles power an inclusive, diverse, client-focused, growth-oriented team.
- We always ask the question “How does this impact our clients?"
- We think like our clients and advocate for their success
- We listen to the voice of the client to drive innovation
- We are trusted advisors, providing thoughtful, integrated solutions to meet our clients' unique needs
- We connect beyond our teams and leverage our global strength as One MUFG
- We value contributions and results over titles and hierarchy
- We respect each other, assume good intent, and listen reflectively
- We develop ourselves and others, learn from mistakes, and recognise achievements
Listen Up. Speak Up.
- We actively listen to diverse perspectives before voicing opinions or making decisions
- We ask the difficult questions to stretch our thinking and expand our mindset
- We call out behaviours that don't align with our values, conduct, and culture
- We propose innovative ideas even when they may be unpopular
Innovate and Simplify
- We are resilient and challenge the status quo to support transformation and innovation
- We simplify what does not need to be complex
- We are curious about what's next and doing it better
- We expect efficiency and manage company resources as if they were our own
Own and Execute
- We execute with speed, simplicity, and transparency to manage risk and drive results
- We empower those closest to the issue to solve it
- We are accountable for our actions and accept responsibility
- We proactively prioritise competing objectives to deliver high performance