In this 2023 preview video blog, Derek Halpenny, Head of Research for Global Markets EMEA and International Securities; George Goncalves, Head of U.S Macro Strategy, MUFG Securities America Inc; Lin Li, Head of Global Markets Research Asia; Ehsan Khoman, Head of Commodities, ESG and Emerging Markets Research EMEA and Lee Hardman, Senior Currency Analyst discuss the trends that may drive the global markets this year.
Five key themes for 2023
- Theme 1: From rates to QT – A key FX driver? - Derek Halpenny (00.22)
- Theme 2: Exploring the fallout from the moon-shot rise in US rates - George Goncalves (03.38)
- Theme 3: China's atypical recovery in 2023 - Lin Li (06.15)
- Theme 4: Energy markets – a tolerable 2022 but the worst will come in 2023 - Ehsan Khoman (07.52)
- Theme 5: Navigating choppy waters for Emerging Markets FX - Lee Hardman (09.58)
You can view more insights from Global Markets Research on their dedicated website.
Listen to our podcasts on mufgemea.podbean.com or your preferred streaming service. We publish four times each week with insight from EMEA, Japan, the U.S. and MENA.