MUFG has been named as the winner of the global mandated lead arranger of the year at the IJ Global Awards 2016, amongst other accolades.
The IJGlobal Awards celebrate the significant achievements of 2016 and those that were instrumental in bringing deals to financial close.
The awards fall into two categories; transactions and companies. Winning transactions are chosen by IJGlobal's experienced editorial team in consultation with the market. The leading firms and institutions in our company awards have been voted for by our panel of industry judges. Awards are handed out at our regional awards dinners in London, New York, Dubai and Singapore.
Sarah Tame, Editor-in-Chief, IJGlobal said:
“MUFG scooped up the accolade of MLA of the year in almost all regions and topped the IJGlobal MLA league tables in 2016. IJGlobal's panel of industry judges said the winner was the leading commercial bank in the market demonstrating consistency, impressive geographical and sector coverage and willingness to commit balance sheet."
MUFG was named as the winner in the following categories:
- Global MLA of the Year
- European & African MLA of the Year
- European Social Infrastructure – Elazig Integrated Health Campus PPP
- European Midstream Oil & Gas – Ital Gas Storage Facility PPP
- European Power – EEco
- European M&A – London City Airport Acquisition
- European Upstream Oil & Gas – Tengizchevroil Expansion
- African Oil & Gas – Angola LNG Refinancing