MUFG is proud to have been recognised in Global Trade Review's (GTR) Best Deals list for 2020.
The winning deals were selected by the publication's editorial team and were among the top transactions that took place across the world from the previous 12 months.
MUFG was involved in the following transactions, all of which are related to sustainability-linked and clean energy project financing facilities:
- Cofco International (HK) Ltd's US$2.3bn sustainability-linked facilities, in which MUFG was a mandated lead arranger (MLA).
- Bunge Europe Finance BV's US$1.75bn sustainability-linked facility, in which MUFG was Bookrunner and MLA.
- Ghana Cocoa Board's (Cocobod) US$300m sustainability-linked facility, in which MUFG was a bookrunning MLA.
- A US$873.7m loan to the Ministry of Finance in Oman to finance a trio of hospitals in the country. MUFG was an agent bank in this deal.
- A US$2.75bn loan to Yunneng Wind Power Co to finance the development of the Yunlin project, a new offshore wind farm off the west coast of Taiwan. MUFG was one of the lenders.
- A US$2.1bn loan to build the Formosa 2 wind farm in Taiwan, of which MUFG was a MLA.
Commenting on the recognition, Colin Chen, Managing Director and Head of Structured Finance in Asia, said:
“We are delighted to have partnered with our clients in these market-leading deals, and would like to congratulate them for this well-deserved recognition.
"These transactions not only reaffirm MUFG's unrivalled track record in client-servicing and our intuitive grasp of our clients' business requirements, but further cement our reputation as a market leader in the clean and renewable energy sectors.
"We believe that such deals underscore MUFG's steadfast commitment in partnering with our clients as we journey towards a more sustainable future together."
Stephen Jennings, Head of Energy and Natural Resources, EMEA, added:
“These landmark deals chosen by Global Trade Review highlight why MUFG is one of the leading providers of sustainable finance. Their diverse nature and geographical spread demonstrate the long term mission and management vision of MUFG to build sustainable growth with our clients.
"We hope to continue building on this great work, supporting clients by providing innovative solutions which help further the global sustainability agenda."