MUFG is proud to have operated as a mandated lead arranger or bookrunner on nine best in category awards at the GlobalCapital Loan Awards 2017.
In addition to this, MUFG also came second within the 'Best Arranger of Project Finance Loans' category, and Mathias Noack, Co-Head of Debt Capital Markets – Loans & Bonds at MUFG in EMEA, came third in the 'Loans Banker of the Year' category.
GlobalCapital revealed the winners of its 2017 Loan Awards at its annual Loans and Leveraged Finance Awards Dinner at Gibson Hall in London on February 7, 2018. The categories in which MUFG acted are named below.
- Emerging market loan of the year –Sibanye Gold
- French deal of the year – Semyrhamis
- German, Swiss and Austrian deal of the year – Lonza
- Italian deal of the year – Atlantia
- Benelux deal of the year – Refresco
- Nordic deal of the year – Fortum
- Central and eastern European deal of the year = Veon (formerly VimpelCom)
- Middle Eastern deal of the year - Abu Dhabi National Oil Co
- African deal of the year – Sibanye Gold